Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Travel

As I age I find I want to back home
     However
It is said you can never go home
     Because
Travel continually alters one until they are no longer themselves.

Meriwether Lewis was so changed by travel he lost his identity, never completed his book, and slept on the ground in buckskins upon returning home.
     However
It's only by taking chances and exploring the unknown that one can expand consciousness.

I believe routine and familiarity closes minds and stifles creativity so they are more dangerous than fear of the unknown, which stops most exploration.
     But
I do not believe travel is the only path, nor that it expands everyone. It also requires an open mind able to make observations and a curiosity to see about.

Some people would argue only through the heart can one expand the mind. I do know from my personal experiences I have found well-traveled people the most interesting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment